If you are an entertainer, artist or performer and are in need of representation in a contract or licensing issue, you need legal counsel who understands the complexity of the entertainment industry.
We can help. Saper Law Offices represents businesses and individuals in all areas of entertainment law. From negotiating complex entertainment contracts and licensing deals to helping you properly protect your intellectual property, Saper Law attorneys have the expertise required to manage the legal and business affairs of each entertainment client, from idea to implementation, and protection to litigation.
Recent Entertainment cases handled by Saper Law include:
- Represented record label and musical group in trademark dispute over band name.
- Represented musical venue in Chicago in dispute over licensing fees with performance rights society.
- Assisted several filmmakers in gaining the permissions necessary for using songs and other copyrighted works in their films.
- Drafted operating agreement, corresponding copyright agreements, and other production, location, and crew agreements for film project.
- Provided counsel for documentary filmmaker launched a web-based television program.
- Set up limited liability company, prepared operating agreement, and provided a variety of production contracts for a feature-length film on the film festival circuit.
- Counseled documentary filmmakers on use of a university’s name, another company’s advertisements, and television footage of appearance on cable news channel.
- Represented filmmaker in negotiation of new DVD distribution agreement.
- Represented musician in pursuit of unpaid licensing fees from grant of synchronization and soundtrack rights.
- Reached favorable settlement in dispute involving unauthorized recording and radio play of musician’s performance.
- Advised client negotiating book publishing agreement for instructional/educational book.
- Assisted children’s book author in securing copyright on the text of his book and on illustrations created by another.
- Assisted jewelry company in defending trademarks, resolving contract disputes, securing new trademarks and copyrights, and reviewing marketing materials.
- Assisted fashion designer in evaluating strength of trademark rights and instances of possible trademark infringement.