If you are a business owner and are in a dispute with a vendor, client or other business, you know how disruptive these conflicts can be to your day-to-day operations. Whether the dispute is based on a contract, tort or intellectual property issue, we can help.
At Saper Law Offices, we represent creative entrepreneurs and innovative businesses in litigation in a wide variety of areas, from copyright and trademark infringement cases, to First Amendment cases and defending clients against the RIAA. While we specialize in assisting clients in the technology, software, art, and entertainment industries, we are experienced litigators in a wide variety of matters before both State and Federal courts.
Our most recent court cases have involved trade secret misappropriation, intellectual property infringement, Internet defamation, and commercial disputes.
We represent clients in civil litigation in the following areas:
- Breach of contract and related claims
- Copyright & trademark infringement
- Right of publicity
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Domain name disputes
Here are examples of recent civil litigation cases handled by the Saper Law Offices:
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented software company in federal litigation over dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit, which ultimately settled, involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
- Represented a retailer and achieved a favorable settlement in federal litigation involving trademark and trade dress infringement, patent infringement, and counterfeiting claims.
- Defended several individuals accused of defamation and false light based on statements made on an Internet newsgroup. Achieved dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction in one federal district court and dismissal for lack of subject matter jurisdiction in a second federal district court.
Contact us today for a confidential consultation.