On April 9, 2013, Saper Law Associate, Aaron Midler, lectures at SCORE to new business owners about the importance of trademark registration and related intellectual property issues. SCORE Chicago provides free business counseling, management consulting, and low-cost workshops.
LEGAL GUIDANCE FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
Tips for Starting and Running Your Small Business
This workshop addresses the legal challenges that a small business person confronts when starting and expanding a business. Aaron Midler will explain the difference between trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and patents. Workshop attendees will also learn about the legal implications of social media, ie online defamation, intellectual property infringement, and social media policies.
Trademarks and Copyrights
· What are the steps to getting a trademark registration?
· What is a Copyright? What Kinds of Works are protected?
· When Can I get away with NOT asking for Permission?
· What is a “Work Made for Hire”
· Employee Policies
· What can you do when you don’t like what is written about you.
For more information on SCORE Chicago please visit http://www.scorechicago.org/