Saper Law Client Spotlight – Michael Zimmerman & His New Memoir
Saper Law’s Client Spotlight is a series highlighting our various practice areas through client features. This month, we are shining a spotlight on our representation of authors and publishers by featuring Saper Law client, author Michael Zimmerman and his newly released memoir.
Meet Michael Zimmerman
At first glance, Zimmerman’s childhood and most of his adult life appeared idyllic. A native of Winnetka, IL, Zimmerman’s father ran a successful car dealership, and his mother was widely recognized for her volunteerism. In his forties, however, Zimmerman made the shocking discovery that, just six miles away, his father had another family complete with two half-siblings.
In his thrilling memoir, Suburban Bigamy: Six Miles Between Truth and Deceit, Zimmerman details his incredible story of resilience, recovery, and hope. Officially released on January 17, 2023, Suburban Bigamy is available for purchase at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. The memoir was recently featured in the Chicago Tribune.
Saper Law reviewed the manuscript prior to the memoir’s publication. Do you need similar assistance?
Saper Law attorneys understand the complexities unique to the modern publishing industry, including physical versus digital publication, new methods of distribution, and protecting intellectual property online.
Print & publishing matters handled by Saper Law include:
- Copyright clearance and counseling, including fair use and public domain considerations
- Copyright registration and licensing
- Negotiating agent, editor, and publishing agreements
- Negotiating film and other Ancillary Rights, including merchandising deals
- Trademark counseling as it relates to any series of works
- Advising on best royalty rates depending on digital or physical distribution
- Advising co-authors and other collaborators on intellectual property ownership
For more information about Saper Law’s services contact Saper Law at 312-527-4100 or book a consultation.