Click here to begin the process of forming your LLC.
If you’re an entrepreneur starting up a business or an existing business owner seeking to reorganize, you need to choose your company’s business structure very carefully. Whether you choose to conduct your business as a partnership, limited liability partnership (LLP), limited liability corporation (LLC), S corporation, or some other entity, your choice can have huge implications on decision-making, taxation, and legal liability. There are additional, unique factors to consider if you are operating a technology business.
Business law cases handled by Saper Law Offices include:
- Drafted LLC operating agreements and corporate articles of organization for various businesses, ranging from software companies to retail candy stores.
- Negotiated an asset purchase agreement for a computer-based training company involving tangible assets, trademarks, domain names, and custom software.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented a software company in federal litigation in a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit, which ultimately settled, involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
- Filed and prosecuted a portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Drafted a complex software consultancy agreement detailing each phase of the development project and all surrounding business matters.