Click here to begin the process of forming your LLC.
If you’re an entrepreneur starting up a business or an existing business owner seeking to reorganize, you need to choose your company’s business structure very carefully. Whether you choose to conduct your business as a partnership, limited liability partnership (LLP) limited liability corporation (LLC), S corporation or some other entity, your choice can have huge implications on decision-making, taxation, and legal liability. Additionally, if you’re operating a technology business, you face other unique issues.
Business law cases handled by Saper Law include:
- Drafted LLC operating agreements and corporate articles of organization for a variety of business, ranging from software companies to feature films to retail candy stores.
- Negotiated asset purchase agreement for computer-based training company involving tangible assets, trademarks, domain names, and custom software.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented software company in federal litigation over dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit, which ultimately settled, involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
- Filed and prosecuted portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Drafted complex software consultancy agreement for software development company detailing each phase of the development project and all surrounding business matters.
Contracts are involved in nearly every business transaction regardless of industry, from software and technology to restaurants and hospitality. Our attorneys understand the intricacies of balancing business and legal issues, and keep that balance in mind when helping clients draft and negotiate various contracts.
If you are a business owner, your success and livelihood can depend on how well your rights are protected in your business agreements. Saper Law provides business owners with conscientious and thorough legal counsel before they share proprietary information with employees or prospective business partners, or enter into agreements with vendors, licensors or other businesses.
From deciding between a LLP or a LLC to negotiating mergers and acquisitions, Saper Law has experience dealing with business formation issues for a wide range of clients. We can also assist in drafting and negotiating business agreements such as operating agreements, articles of incorporation, residential leases, and asset purchase agreements. Lastly, depending on your business needs, Saper Law can serve as general counsel or counsel on retainer.
Click here to schedule a consultation.
The Chicago Department of Administrative Hearings now requires that an attorney must represent all businesses at administrative proceedings, including ordinance citation hearings. Click here to read more.
Saper Law attorneys deal with a wide variety of ordinance violations and have represented many new or small businesses that are unaccustomed to legal proceedings. Our team will walk you through the process and help you present your case in the best way possible.