Saper Law has years of experience helping clients understand the complex world of intellectual property. Our firm has extensive experience in copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and issues relating to domain names. Our attorneys regularly file and prosecute applications to register copyrights, trademarks, and domain names with the appropriate government entities (USPTO for trademarks, US Copyright Office for copyrights, and ICANN for domain names), answer registration appeals or office actions, craft licensing agreements and defend or bring forth infringement lawsuits.
When a trade secret is involved, our objective is to maintain the secrecy of our client’s proprietary information. We counsel our clients on the strategic safeguards, such as procedures, protocols and written agreements they can put in place to to secure against disclosure of their trade secret. When disclosure has occurred, we zealously represent our client via aggressive litigation and work tirelessly to minimize further harm.
Intellectual Property litigation comes in many forms. Whether it be suing over the improper or unauthorized use a client’s mark, artistic work, or trade secret; or defending a client against claims of infringement, Saper Law has extensive experience and insight into intellectual property litigation. Additionally, with the rise of file sharing, Saper Law has successfully represented defendants of Peer-to-Peer and BitTorrent litigation, as well as individuals sued by the Recording Industry Association of America, the Motion Picture Association of America and Adult Film Companies.
IP cases handled by the Saper Law Offices include:
- Developed trade secret protection program for software company to ensure sufficient security measures to maintain trade secret protection for confidential information, computer programs, and internal processes.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented software company in federal court in a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims. –
- Represented a retailer and achieved a favorable settlement in federal litigation involving trademark and trade dress infringement and counterfeiting claims.
- Evaluated a proposed settlement to trademark infringement litigation on behalf of client interested in purchasing the company that was subject to the infringement claims.
- Responded to threat of opposition proceeding involving pharmaceutical trademark and resolved the matter favorably for our client, allowing the client to proceed with its trademark application.
- Enforced client’s trademark rights in preventing a former employee from using a similar trademark in starting a competing company.
- Filed and prosecuted portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Succeeded in opposition proceeding against a former band member seeking a federal registration of the band name through the use of falsified specimens.
Do you need help protecting your book, music, software or some other written work? Saper Law has dealt with a wide range of copyright issues involving software, films, digital music, photography, jewelry, publishing, children’s books, graphic design, and more.
For information specific to software and technology, click here.
Learn more about our Copyright Law services here.
A domain name is a valuable, sometimes vital business asset. For businesses, a domain name can be the focal point of their commercial enterprise. Unfortunately, often someone else already owns the domain name featuring a company’s name. Worse, they sometimes hold it hostage for extravagant amounts of money.
Saper Law can help you evaluate your options and secure the domain name you need.
Click here to schedule a consultation to discuss domain name issues.
Learn more about our domain name services here.
Do you need help trademarking a product or logo, or protecting or enforcing an existing trademark?
Saper Law has experience dealing with all stages of trademark selection, registration, protection, licensing and enforcement.
Learn more about our Trademark Law services here.
A trade secret is a private piece of information that gives its owner a competitive edge, such as a recipe or a piece of computer code. Business's successes can depend on how well their trade secrets are protected and kept confidential from competitors.
Saper Law can help you understand and navigate trade secret laws to make sure your secrets are safe.
Click here to schedule a consultation to discuss trade secret issues.
Learn more about our trade secret services here.