Saper Law has years of experience helping clients understand the complex world of intellectual property. Our firm has extensive experience with copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and issues relating to domain names. Our attorneys regularly file applications to register copyrights, trademarks, and domain names with the appropriate government entities (USPTO for trademarks, US Copyright Office for copyrights, and ICANN for domain names), answer registration appeals or office actions, craft licensing agreements, and defend or bring forth infringement lawsuits.
When it comes to trade secrets, our objective is to maintain the secrecy of our client’s proprietary information. We counsel our clients on strategic safeguards they can use to prevent disclosure of their trade secret. If disclosure has occurred, we zealously represent our client via aggressive litigation and work tirelessly to minimize further harm.
Intellectual Property litigation comes in many forms. Whether it be suing over the improper or unauthorized use of a client’s mark, artistic work, or trade secret, or defending a client against claims of infringement, Saper Law has extensive experience with intellectual property litigation. Additionally, with the rise of file sharing, Saper Law has successfully represented defendants of Peer-to-Peer and BitTorrent litigation, as well as individuals sued by the Recording Industry Association of America, and the Motion Picture Association of America.
IP cases handled by the Saper Law Offices include:
- Developed a trade secret protection program for a software company to maintain trade secret protection for confidential information, computer programs, and internal processes.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented a software company in federal court in a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
- Represented a retailer and achieved a favorable settlement in federal litigation involving trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, and counterfeiting claims.
- Evaluated a proposed settlement during trademark infringement litigation on behalf of the client interested in purchasing the company that was subject to the infringement claims.
- Responded to the threat of an opposition proceeding involving a pharmaceutical trademark and resolved the matter favorably for our client.
- Enforced the client’s trademark rights by preventing a former employee from using a similar trademark in starting a competing company.
- Filed and prosecuted a portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Succeeded in opposition proceedings against a former band member seeking federal registration of the band name through falsified specimens.