Saper Law has years of experience helping clients understand the complex world of intellectual property. Our firm has extensive experience in copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and issues relating to domain names. Our attorneys regularly file and prosecute applications to register copyrights, trademarks, and domain names with the appropriate government entities (USPTO for trademarks, US Copyright Office for copyrights, and ICANN for domain names), answer registration appeals or office actions, craft licensing agreements and defend or bring forth infringement lawsuits.
When a trade secret is involved, our objective is to maintain the secrecy of our client’s proprietary information. We counsel our clients on the strategic safeguards, such as procedures, protocols and written agreements they can put in place to to secure against disclosure of their trade secret. When disclosure has occurred, we zealously represent our client via aggressive litigation and work tirelessly to minimize further harm.
Intellectual Property litigation comes in many forms. Whether it be suing over the improper or unauthorized use a client’s mark, artistic work, or trade secret; or defending a client against claims of infringement, Saper Law has extensive experience and insight into intellectual property litigation. Additionally, with the rise of file sharing, Saper Law has successfully represented defendants of Peer-to-Peer and BitTorrent litigation, as well as individuals sued by the Recording Industry Association of America, the Motion Picture Association of America and Adult Film Companies.
IP cases handled by the Saper Law Offices include:
- Developed trade secret protection program for software company to ensure sufficient security measures to maintain trade secret protection for confidential information, computer programs, and internal processes.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented software company in federal court in a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims. –
- Represented a retailer and achieved a favorable settlement in federal litigation involving trademark and trade dress infringement and counterfeiting claims.
- Evaluated a proposed settlement to trademark infringement litigation on behalf of client interested in purchasing the company that was subject to the infringement claims.
- Responded to threat of opposition proceeding involving pharmaceutical trademark and resolved the matter favorably for our client, allowing the client to proceed with its trademark application.
- Enforced client’s trademark rights in preventing a former employee from using a similar trademark in starting a competing company.
- Filed and prosecuted portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Succeeded in opposition proceeding against a former band member seeking a federal registration of the band name through the use of falsified specimens.