Saper Law has years of experience helping clients understand the complex world of intellectual property.
Our firm has extensive experience with copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, design patents, and issues relating to domain names. Our attorneys regularly file applications to register copyrights and trademarks with the appropriate government entities (USPTO for trademarks, US Copyright Office for copyrights), and respond to any refusals, trademark office actions, opposition or cancellation proceedings that may arise.
We are well versed in drafting and negotiating trademark, copyright, and patent licensing and assignment agreements, either as stand alone agreements or as part of larger entertainment, software, or business contracts. If and when those contracts are breached, we regularly represent our clients in Federal and State courts.
IP cases handled by Saper Law Offices include:
- Developed a trade secret protection program for a software company to maintain trade secret protection for confidential information, computer programs, and internal processes.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented a software company in federal court in a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
- Represented a retailer and achieved a favorable settlement in federal litigation involving trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, and counterfeiting claims.
- Evaluated a proposed settlement during trademark infringement litigation on behalf of the client interested in purchasing the company that was subject to the infringement claims.
- Responded to the threat of an opposition proceeding involving a pharmaceutical trademark and resolved the matter favorably for our client.
- Enforced the client’s trademark rights by preventing a former employee from using a similar trademark in starting a competing company.
- Filed and prosecuted a portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Succeeded in opposition proceedings against a former band member seeking federal registration of the band name through falsified specimens.