If you’re starting a technology business, the legal issues that you face are unique. You will need attorneys who are comfortable on the complex legal frontier that is tech law.
At Saper Law Offices, we help clients understand the legal issues surrounding their technology-based businesses. We specialize in negotiating and drafting contracts for the development and protection of software and technology products and services, representing clients such as software development companies, web-based businesses, and pharmaceutical companies. We assist our clients in the start-up phase of their businesses, in protecting their intellectual property, and in dealing with other legal issues specific to technology industries.
Our representative technology services include:
- Drafting and negotiating software consulting and development agreements
- Preparing specialized software licenses for your software
- Crafting confidentiality agreements
- Resolving work-made-for-hire issues to ensure ownership of the copyrights in your software
- Identifying your trade secrets and creating a trade secret protection program
- Dealing with issues surrounding user privacy and publishing user content
- Negotiating and drafting licensing agreements
- Advising on contests and other promotions
- Helping you select, protect, and enforce your trademarks
- Assisting in selecting a business structure and drafting general business contracts
Software and technology law cases handled by Saper Law Offices:
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented a software company in federal litigation over a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit, which ultimately settled, involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
- Filed and prosecuted a portfolio of trademark applications and prepared trademark assignment agreements for a software company.
- Prepared license agreements for a networking software component to be incorporated into commercial software programs by a licensee.
- Drafted a complex software consultancy agreement for a software development company detailing each phase of the development project and all surrounding business matters.
Click here to schedule a consultation.