If you are a business owner, your success and livelihood depend on how well your trade secrets are protected and kept confidential from your competitors. If you work with technology or software, algorithms and formulas developed for your software also require special protection (click here for more details on protecting your technology or software). Having conscientious and thorough legal counsel to help protect your trade secrets from unauthorized use by former employees or other businesses is critical.
Saper Law has extensive experience dealing with trade secrets at every stage–from counseling to litigation.
Our trade secret services include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying trade secrets
- Creating a trade secret protection program tailored to the client’s business.
- Drafting confidentiality agreements
- Drafting non-compete agreements
- Developing policies for when employees leave the business.
- Handling trade secret disputes and litigation.
Sample cases involving Trade Secrets handled by Saper Law Offices:
- Developed a trade secret protection program for a software company to ensure sufficient security measures to maintain trade secret protection for confidential information, computer programs, and internal processes.
- Successfully defended a web developer and website maintainer in state court against claims of trade secret misappropriation involving website design and customer lists.
- Represented a software company in federal court in a dispute with a client and former employees over ownership of financial trading software. The lawsuit involved copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and other related claims.
Click here to schedule a confidential consultation to discuss trade secret issues.