REGISTER NOW for June Seminar at Saper Law: Understanding the Laws that Govern the Business of Beauty
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Saper Law Offices, LLC
505 N LaSalle, Suite 350
Chicago, IL 60654
6pm to 8pm
Cost: FREE thanks to our Sponsor:
Guy Ben-David, Territory Manager for Syneron Medical
SPACE IS LIMITED. MUST RSVP to secure spot.
This month’s Seminar at Saper Law is geared towards businesses in the aesthetic industry. In the last few years, more and more doctors are aligning with medical spas, launching new skin care products, or offering at-home botox parties. Salons and estheticians are also expanding their service offerings. What laws apply to the business of beauty?
On Tuesday night, June 29th, from 6pm to 8pm, Daliah Saper, Principal Attorney at Saper Law will address the legal implications of running a medical spa or beauty salon.
During the comprehensive two hour seminar, Daliah will address the following issues:
· What can and can’t my med spa say when advertising services for botox, hair removal, skin treatments, etc? What kind of comparative marketing is prohibited?
· How can I protect my Spa’s brand name? What steps are involved with filing a trademark?
· What can I do about false or negative reviews posted about my spa online? What does an action for defamation entail?
· What key disclaimers should my spa’s consent forms and liability waivers include?
· What kinds of lawsuits have recently been filed against medical spas in Illinois and what can my spa learn from them?
There is no cost to attend this event thanks to our sponsor, Guy Ben-David, Territory Manager for Syneron Medical, Ltd.. Syneron Medical Ltd. (NASDAQ: ELOS) is the leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. The Company’s technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic applications including body contouring, hair removal, wrinkle reduction, rejuvenation of the skin’s appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and cellulite. The Company sells its products under two distinct brands, Syneron and Candela. You can learn more about Syneron by visiting www.syneron.com.