Saper Law often receives inquiries related to employment law issues. For example:
- This employee is awful. How do I get rid of her?
- How should I properly hire and fire employees, and what accounting issues do I have to worry about?
- What policies should I have in place?
- What benefits do I have to give my employees?
- Do I need to carry any kind of insurance?
Just as often, we also receive inquiries related to post-employment law issues. For example:
- How do I make sure that former employees won’t steal my secrets or my customers?
- Are non-competes really enforceable?
- What is wrong with California law, seriously?
To delve into these issues in detail, we are inviting Charles Krugel, of Charles A. Krugel, Labor and Employment Law, & Marc Pullman, of Pullman and Gotkin, to speak at our February seminar.
Charles Krugel is an experienced, management-side, labor & employment attorney & litigator, & a small business person himself. He will help you understand the litigation process & costs by sharing examples of real cases he’s litigated & resolved.http://www.charlesakrugel.com/
Aaron Midler is a Saper Law associate whose practice focuses on a variety of business and intellectual property related matters. He will help you understand the considerations that go into drafting effective non-compete/non-solicit agreements and will highlight cases that Saper Law has litigated around these issues.
Marc Pullman is an experienced transactional attorney who has previously worked with a number of multi-national corporations. He will help you understand the basic ins and outs of employment-related transactions and provide guidance on creating employee policies that will help your business run smoothly. http://www.
Join us for an enlightening panel discussion and networking afterward!
Date and Time: February 19, 2013, 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Location : Saper Law Offices, LLC 505 N Lasalle, Suite 350
Cost: $10 with online registration: http://hiringandfiring.