With CBP increasing its efforts in trade enforcement, it is important that importers increase their compliance efforts and IP holders protect their product lines. The presenters will help you identify whether you are adequately protecting your Intellectual Property – trademarks, copyrights and patents – and how CBP can help you protect your Intellectual Property.
Additional topics that will be addressed are the following:
- Differences between trademarks, copyrights and patents;
- How intellectual property is protected in the U.S. and internationally;
- How CBP enforces intellectual property rights;
- Potential remedies if your goods are being counterfeited;
- The role that CBP Centers for Excellence and Expertise play in the enforcement of intellectual property rights;
- How other agencies can protect your goods from being counterfeited;
- Possible commercial remedies to protect your products from being counterfeited; and
- Best practices for rights holders and those who deal with grey market goods.
- Daliah Saper, Principal, Saper Law Offices, LLC
- Nicole Kehoskie, Associate, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
Date: Friday, April 26, 2013
Time: 12:00 – 1:15 PM – Lunch will be Provided
Location: Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
225 West Washington Street
5th Floor Conference Room
Chicago, IL 60606
Price: $20 for OWIT Members
$30 for Non-Members
1 Hour of CLE Credit Pending
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER